As I poured myself some orange juice just now, and thought about my weird, yet care-free Sunday of eating: banana, bagel and cream cheese, orange, salad with cheese, now orange juice… I realized: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Here are some more things that 2 years ago I never thought I would freely consume, when I want them, without more than I second thought:
- gourmet cake doughnuts
- BREAD. DIP that bread in that non-perfect olive oil
- sweetened yogurt (HA)
- bagels (above)
- tropicana orange juice (above)!
- Cream or Whole Milk or whatever there is available, (but skim is gross to me)
- so many bananas (after I was a raw vegan I never thought I would eat them again, but they are convenient.)
- SANDWICHES. just eat them – they are filling and so very good.
- kit kat bars.
- pancakes with maple syrup
- waffles with ice cream
- haagen dasz by the half pint
- OH the poTAToes!
- shit ton of butter
- food that has shit oils in it, but I am hungry and I am out so who cares.
- cheese for/with almost every meal
- pasta. I am hungry and this is pasta ad I will eat all of it until I am not hungry, and everything is good and fuckin’ fine
- ditto rice.
- fried rice.
- pie. pie + almond butter. weird and good.
- pizza. more than one slice for god’s sake.
There is an infinite amount of foods I could list right now I am sure, but this list is what my glass of orance juice just inspired me to write.
So keep doing what you are doing- keep going- keep eating- keep living and breathing and doing fun things. Keep loving yourself and keep reminding yourself that life is not a stupid diet. Life is life and food is food and I still eat salads because they taste good.